Thursday, April 12, 2012

Not for Techies....Made for Teachers

I get invited to a lot of conferences each year. I limit myself to just 2-3 based in Texas. I think next year, I may just attend one and send more teachers to these conferences.

And that is what our event is about - teachers talking about technology.

Techpalooza isn't for tech directors. It isn't for the "usual" crowd to get together to brag about their initiatives. This isn't for lurkers to sit in the back and blog. The mainstay of this conference isn't the local BBQ or the conversation in Tweetups or events after the main event.

Techpalooza is about letting people who aren't comfortable using technology, talk honestly about using technology.

The greatest compliment overheard last year was "I didn't know the language to even ask the right questions...now I have the right words and know what to look for".

That's the purpose of Techpalooza.

So send us your teachers who want to explore openly and share about their use of the vast resources of the web, IWBs, document cameras, mobile devices, and even home computing.

No comments:

Post a Comment